Friday, March 09, 2007

Is it right for us to abuse and disgrace the US Flag???


I know what you are saying that everyone can protest and that it is covered under the first amendment blah blah blah. It's not that I have a issue with the protest it is the people at this protest that think it is ok to do what they want with the flag of the United States. I have a problem with someone walking on or dragging it behind them just because they are pissed off about the US. I am so tired of seeing images like these in the newspaper, on the news, and on the web. It angers me to think that someone who lives in the US would do this to the flag of their country. So I ask you this question do you think that it is right for people to do this? Does it anger you? Cause God knows it angers me every time that I see this.

2 comments:

Homer said...

I'll play devil's advocate- would anyone want to live in a country where you could be arrested, jailed, tortured for protesting? And exactly what is a "flag" and what defines desecration? I've seen the US flag printed on boxer shorts (where your butt rubs against it), in newspaper photos (routinely used to line bird cages), and waved around by patriotic Republicans (who support torture and hate homosexuals). I would rather live in a country where it was legal to desecrate a symbol like the flag than one where damaging a printed piece of fabric could get you sent to prison.

TruthTeller said...

Cody... when's the last time you saw this actually happen? It's pretty rare.

And Homer rocks :-)