Monday, March 26, 2007

Cowboy Restaurant Review II

WOW well my weekend started out really crappy but what can I say I had a great time on Friday and Saturday nights for dinner. So here is my Cowboy Restaurant Review II for the 2 following restaurants:



Friday Night - Harvest Restaurant
Harvest features fresh local and seasonal ingredients, beautifully presented, in a casual, warm setting. Harvest takes American cuisine to a new level, transforming seafood, steaks, chicken, game, and vegetables into multi-tiered presentations of flavors and textures. Centrally located in the Clayton-Richmond Heights corridor,
Harvest is just 5 minutes from downtown St. Louis.


I can totally agree with the above statement that I pulled off of their website.
OMG OMG OMG The food here at this establishment was top notch and SO SO SO Good!
I want to thank Terry, Mary, Don, Paula, and most of all my partner Tom for the great evening here.

Here is what indulged in:

Appetizer:
Salmon/Cucumber Salad - YUM!!!

Pan Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras
Five Spice Brioche, Rice Wine Gastrique, Orange-Ginger Marmalade
Okay so I know..Goose liver. I never thought I would like this but I have to tell you it is like eatting butter and my cholesterol just went WAY UP!! :-)

Main Course:
Pan Roasted Jumbo Scallops
Root Vegetable Risotto, Citrus-Watercress Vinaigrette

I have to say that this was the best Scallops I have had in a long time. I am a total Seafood nut and these were prepared so so so well.

Dessert:
So for dessert I wanted the White Chocolate Creme Brulee so I ordered it and then Don told me that I had to have the Bread Pudding too. So I ordered both!
Everyone around the table dug in and we all enjoyed the great food and the wonderful service that we had a the restaurant. Oh by the way. Thanks Liz!! Your the best!!








Saturday Night - The Melting Pot
The Melting Pot provides a unique, upscale and intimate dining experience with its assortment of fondue, cooked at the table by the guests. It is the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of four flavorful fondue-cooking styles and a variety of tasty entrees combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondues, fresh salads, fine wines and mouthwatering chocolate fondue desserts.

Okay again I agree with the above statement taken from the website.
I have been to the Melting Pot before but it has been a few years. This night out was a share celebration with my good friend Sam. Happy Birthday HOOKER! :-)

I do have to say that I agree with my friend Sam that this would not be a good first date place to take someone too. Well for one thing it take about 3 hours to fully enjoy everything they have to offer you.
Here is what we had for the night.

We ordered the BIG NIGHT OUT which is the following:

Feng Shui Cheese Fondue
A perfectly balanced blend of Fontina and Butterkäse cheeses with a serene touch of rice wine, sake, minced shallots, garlic and scallions.


Mandarin and Almond Oriental Salad
A mix of Romaine lettuce, red cabbage and carrots topped with toasted almonds, wonton strips, mandarin orange wedges and completed with an Asian-inspired dressing.


Fondue Fusion with Zen Cooking Style - Vegetable bouillon base seasoned with ginger and fresh lemon grass
Dippers...
Lobster Tail, Vannamei Shrimp, Ahi Tuna, Teriyaki Sirloin, Beef Tenderloin, Panang Chicken and Potstickers

Chocolate Fondue
The Melting Pot experience isn’t complete without one!!

Bailey’s® Irish Cream Dream Our milk chocolate swirled with Bailey’s Irish Cream. YUM!!!!
Dippers...
Fresh strawberries, bananas and pineapple, plus cheesecake, tasty marshmallows, pound cake and brownies for you to dip into any of our decadent chocolate fondue creations.

All I can say was that this was a great night out with two of my best friends. Oh and my big handsome partner Tom! :-)


I am so looking forward to going back to both of these 2 restaurants.
They are on the top of my list on places to revisit!

No comments: