Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Is saying I am sorry enough??

In the recent news you have seen the following stories...


Don Imus has apologized for referring to members of the team as "nappy-headed hos" on his April 4 show. CBS Radio and NBC Universal, which broadcasts the show on MSNBC cable television, suspended the popular personality for two weeks, beginning next Monday. So do you think it is fair that he just be suspended for two weeks? Well I do know that there has been several companies that have pulled their ads from his show.


Rosanne Barr made controversial remarks on the radio this past weekend where she said that gays don't care about anyone but themselves, Roseanne today posted the following apology on her web site. "I deeply regret that I have offended gay people. I said things that I do not really mean, before I had thought them through... I was wrong and I seriously apologize! What I really meant to say... which was that everybody needs to unite right now, and step outside of their own neighborhoods, groups, races and classes to stop Bush's war on our country and our people. I love gays and I hate division. I am just a big idiot with a big mouth sometimes. I will learn to be more careful! Please forgive me, I am so sorry!!!!The leaders of gay groups need to align with the leaders of Acorn, and other groups of poor and desperate Americans and fight against those who oppress all of us! I have met too many gays who are Republicans, and I cannot understand how they could choose that! Let's all leave our own bedrooms, kitchens, neighborhoods and groups and meet each other to form a diverse army that stands for Democracy and Economic Justice!!!! Again I apologize for any pain or hurt I have caused those whom I have always loved and befriended."


So my point is gonna be that if you are a celebrity and you have your face out in the public and on the air waves of the radio. You don't need to do this to bring attention to yourself because words do hurt. Imus you hurt the Rutgers Basketball team by your words of racists remarks. Rosanne your words of saying that gay people are "totally narcissistic" is really hurtful to us as gay people cause trust me girl if it wasn't for you being our fag hag no one would like you in the gay community. You both need to learn what it means to be hurt. You both have been around for a LONG TIME. And I mean a L O N G time and you should know by now what is right and what is wrong. So I say to you both. May both of your careers go down the toilet and you never make it onto the air waves again!

No comments: