Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Howdy All!!

Howdy! I know it has been a while since I have blogged but I have been busy with work and softball. So let's see what I can vent about today....I recently had a UPPP procedure done as you have seen in my blog and I was told that they got pre-approval from the insurance company and that it was all taken care of. Well a few days Ago I got a bill from the hospital for the UPPP procedure and I fell over when I seen how much they wanted to charge me for it. Well I ended up calling my insurance company and spoke with a nice girl and she wanted all my info so she could verify who I was. Well after all that went down and she finally knew what it was me she was speaking with she looked up the recent claims for me. Come to find out the hospital didn't have pre-authorization from the insurance company and of course they didn't tell me this prior to my surgery. So that means I guess I am responsible for it. Oh but wait the girl on the phone tells me that they tried to bill the insurance company several times for it and they keep declining it and that I am not in any way responsible for the bill. WOO HOO!!

No comments: